Provincial radar detector laws in Canada
In this article, we first start off by revisiting the Canadian regions where radar detectors are legal, and the provinces that ban them.
Radar detectors are legal to own and to use in British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
Radar detectors are not allowed by provincial laws / highway acts in Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and all northern territories. Police in these provinces use Spectre RDD (radar-detector-detector) to catch radar detector (with leakage signal).
Stealth Radar Detectors for Eastern Canada
Uniden has released its latest “game-changer” that disrupts the radar detector industry with the most desirable radar performance among radar enthusiasts. Uniden R4 and R8 are among the top-performing functionally-stealth radar detectors on the market.
- Extreme long-range radar detection
- The quietest radar detectors with state-of-the-art K-Block Filters
- More affordable than other competitions
- Ka band segmentation for the fastest response
- MultaRadar capable
- New TSF and K-Block filter eliminating most vehicle sensor false alerts
- Top-Picks – the best radar detectors of 2023
Escort RedLine 360c – 100% undetectable
- Extreme long-range radar detection with much improved false K-band filtering
- 100% undetectable to Spectre Elite
- The latest portable detector with MultaRadar photo radar detection. MultaRadar (MRCD) photo enforcements have become a threat in Quebec.
- GPS Truelock with AutoLearn and camera database for red-light / speedcam
- Escort Radar’s newest portable detector – better than Max360
Laser Defence for Handheld LIDAR (laser) Guns
Yes you will need proper laser defense (laser jammer, shifter, blocker, defuser, etc) if you frequently encounter handheld laser guns at speed traps.
- The best laser jammer tested to defeat all known police LIDAR guns in Canada and the USA.