Provincial radar detector laws in Canada
In this article, we first start off by revisiting the Canadian regions where radar detectors are legal, and the provinces that ban them.
Radar detectors are legal to own and to use in British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
Radar detectors are not allowed by provincial laws / highway acts in Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and all northern territories. Police in these provinces use Spectre RDD (radar-detector-detector) to catch radar detector (with leakage signal).
Stealth Radar Detectors for Eastern Canada
Uniden R1 / Uniden R3 / Uniden R7 / Radenso Pro-M
Uniden has released its latest “game-changer” that disrupts the radar detector industry with the most desirable radar performance among radar enthusiasts. Uniden R1 and R3 radar detectors also become the most affordable stealth radar detector on the market. R7 is the flagship radar detector offering directional arrows.
- Extreme long-range radar detection
- The quietest radar detectors with state-of-the-art K Filters
- More affordable than other competitions
- Ka band segmentation for the fastest response
- MultaRadar capable
- New TSF and K-Block filter eliminating most vehicle sensor false alerts
- Top-Picks – the best radar detectors of 2019
Escort RedLine EX – 100% undetectable
- Extreme long-range radar detection based on the improved M3+ dual antenna
- 100% undetectable to Spectre Elite
- The latest portable detector with MultaRadar photo radar detection. MultaRadar (MRCD) photo enforcements have become a threat in Quebec.
- GPS Truelock with AutoLearn and camera database for red-light / speedcam
- Escort Radar’s newest portable detector – better than Max360
Laser Defence for Handheld LIDAR (laser) Guns
Yes you will need proper laser defense (laser jammer, shifter, blocker, defuser, etc) if you frequently encounter handheld laser guns at speed traps.
AL Priority Laser Defence
- The best laser jammer tested to defeat all known police LIDAR guns in Canada and the USA.
I have a 360 full band scanning radar detector and having purchased it online I was wondering if they are detected in Ontario by police using radar detector detectors?
@Phil it depends on which detector you got. The models listed in this article are the stealth models currently on the market. Many detectors marketed as “VG2 invisible” are generally NOT stealth to the new Spectre Elite RDD.
Have you got a complete stealth system for Ontario which is completely undetectable including laser? I don’t generally speed but I had an awful speeding ticket a few years back. I just like to be aware. I think if radar is being used on me I have a right to know.
Are the ALP radar jammers detectable by police ? While radar detectors are legal in Saskatchewan I’m not certain about jammers.