This review was written to summarize and review the best recommendation on radar and laser detectors and countermeasure for Canadians. We have updated it regularly to give our most objective assessment of the radar detectors we carry.
- Last updated: December 2022
Best Radar Detectors by Performance
Top Tier Portable Radar Detectors with Directional Arrows
Top Tier Portable Radar Detectors without Arrows
Top Tier Remote Installed Radar Detectors
Radenso RC-M Pros: dedicated display-controller, GPS camera database, GPS lock-out, optional to integrate with ALP, better MRCD/MRCT photo radar detection; Cons: high price, more components to install.
NetRadar DSP Pros: extreme radar detection, best value for performance, integrated design with ALP. Cons: lack of GPS camera database, GPS lock-out.
Mid Tier Portable Radar Detectors
Best Radar Detectors for Canadians by Category
Best Performance on range and sensitivity
Best Stealth Portable Radar Detectors for Eastern Canada
- Escort Redline 360c (100% stealth / safe)
- Radenso DS1 (ultra-low leakage / safe)
- Uniden R8 | R4 (low leakage / safe)
Best Portable Radar Detector for MRCD photo radar (parts of Alberta, Ontario, Quebec)
Best Laser Defence (Laser Jammer)
Best Installed Integrated Radar and Laser Defence
2022 News and mostly Inventory Update
- Aug – more Uniden R8 inventory to arrive
- Jul – some inventory of Escort Redline 360c begin to land
- Feb – Jun – severe inventory shortage on flagship detectors
- Jan – announcement of flagship Uniden R8 at CES 2022
2021 News and Updates
- Oct – launching Uniden R4 pre-order
- Sep – launching Radenso DS1 pre-order
- Sep – begin fulfilling more Redline 360c backorders
- Jan 23 – latest R7 1.35 beta firmware drastically improved on BSM filtering + Auto Mute Memory.
- Jan 22 – Uniden R7 back in stock, after production shortage in late 2020
- Jan 5 – Redline 360c are now readily in stock. All backorders fulfilled.
2017 – 20 Events in the Radar and Laser Industry
- ESCORT closed down Canadian manufacturing facility in Mississauga and moved production off shore to the Philippines.
- Uniden launched R-Series R1 and R3 models, and have been rated the best radar detectors of the year. KMPH became Canadian supplier for Uniden in September 2017.
- AL Priority released the new TX high power laser sensor to stay on top of new VPR and high-PPS LIDAR threats.
- KMPH teamed up with BPG AutoSound to showcase AL Priority at Hublot Diamond Rally and Luxury Supercar Weekend in Vancouver.
- NoLimits acquired Radenso Radar brand.
- Radenso released Pro-M radar detector, becoming the first detector with GPS to incorporate MultaRadar MRCD capability
- ESCORT launched 2nd generation Redline EX which now also includes MRCD detection, and GPS camera database.
- Radenso RC-M was debut at SEMA
- NetRadar DSP soon to be released in early 2018 will be based on the all-new digital platform for the best remote radar performance and filtering. It will also have MultaRadar capability. NR-DSP must be integrated with AL Priority laser defence system.
- Speculation that Uniden R1 and R3 will gain MultaRadar capability in Q3 of 2018 via firmware update (no hardware upgrade required).
- October 2018 – MultaRadar MRCD detection is now available on the Uniden R1 and R3 via 1.46 firmware update!
- April 2019 – introducing Uniden R7 featuring extreme performance with directional arrows
- June 2019 – Uniden R7 gets K-Block, eliminating Honda/Acura BSM false alerts
- July 2019 – KMPH is now an authorized Radenso dealer, carrying Pro-M and RC-M
- August 2019 – AL Priority release CPU HW.4, now supports Assisted Radar Filter (ARF) using Bluetooth app to lock out up to 16 unique radar frequencies. It also requires GPS.
- January 2020 – the AI-powered Radenso THEIA was announced to be in development at CES Show.
- July 2020 – KMPH begins taking pre-orders on Escort Redline 360c
- Oct-Dec 2020 – Redline 360c has begun to land, fulfilling backorders / reservations.