Radar Laser Detector Guide for Edmonton
Why do we write a radar detector buyer’s guide for Edmonton, Alberta specifically? The answer is simple. Edmonton and the surrounding 780-areas are known to have the most ridiculous speed enforcements in Canada.
Whether the reason for such police enforcement and ticketing is road safety or for collecting revenue for the city and province, we are here to provide radar and laser countermeasure recommendations for motorists who live in Edmonton or frequently travel through Northern Alberta.
Different Types of Speed Enforcement in Edmonton
- MultaRadar (MRCD) photo radar – commonly spotted photo speed enforcement units in forms of a roadside truck or van, or hidden in form of a discrete container box, often seen on city streets. MultaRadar is currently deployed across Edmonton, Grande Prairie and Medicine Hat, Alberta.
- DragonEye LidarCam – this photo LIDAR enforcement is frequently seen on both highways and city roads, with operator sitting on an overpass, centre median, or roadside.
- Handheld LIDAR speed trap – these are handheld or tripod-mounted laser guns used by the EPS and other police agencies.
- Stationary and Moving Radar (K / Ka bands) – police cruisers may be equipped with radar units, and can check vehicle speed while moving or in stationary.
Radar Detectors recommended for Edmonton
All of the recommended radar detector models below support MultaRadar photo radar detection as well as moving and stationary K/Ka band radar.
Uniden R7 (#1 choice 2020)
[Updated 2019] Uniden R7 now includes directional arrows with the latest dual DSP antenna to sweep lower K-frequency, giving it improved MRCD detection for Edmonton area.
Uniden R7 features longest range radar detection, front and rear directional arrows, GPS camera database, GPS QuietRide, MRCD detection, Acura-Honda BSM K-block, TSF K-band filters. AutoLock feature will come later by firmware update.
Newest 1.27 (Oct 2019) firmware provides massive improvement to MRCD detection.
Uniden R3 (Top choice 2018)
[Updated October 5, 2018] We are pleased to announce that the Uniden R1 and R3 now supports MultaRadar MRCD (and MRCT) photo radar via the latest 1.45 firmware update.
R3 supports GPS red-light and speed-on-green camera database which is updatable for free. We highly recommend it.
Redline EX features excellent radar performance, MultaRadar MRCD detection, camera database, Escort Live ready, Truelock + AutoLearn, and IVT filters. Redline EX is also a good detector for Edmonton.
Radenso Pro-M remains to be one of enthusiasts’ favourites especially in Edmonton area. It is due to Radenso as a company produces one of the best MRCD photo radar detectors on the market. However, its K/Ka band detection is slightly behind the Uniden R3 or R7.
Radenso RC-M is one of the top remote installed radar detector despite its premium price-tag. We highly recommend the RC-M + ALP bundle if budget allows. Professional install is likely required.
Laser Defence recommended for Edmonton
Laser jammer is absolutely crucial if you wish to save yourself from a laser / LIDAR ticket. Edmonton Police is known to be using the latest LIDAR technology in forms of both handheld guns as well as DragonEye photo LIDAR enforcement. AL Priority is the only laser defense system on the jammer market proven to defeat these new laser guns.
- AL Priority Laser System – the best laser jammer for Edmonton
- ALP Rear Defense Pack – must have for overpass DragonCam protection; TX sensor highly recommended
Recommended ALP sensor requirement:
- Learn more about the updated AL Priority configuration guide
Professional Installation in Edmonton
- We have authorized professional installer in Edmonton for AL Priority and other custom installed radar systems purchased from KMPH.
Radar Laser Package recommended for Edmonton
- Uniden R7 + AL Priority Bundle – Uniden R7 portable radar detector with ALP laser defence
- Redline EX + AL Priority Bundle – Redline EX portable radar detector with ALP laser defence
- NetRadar DSP + AL Priority Bundle – an installed and fully integrated radar + laser system in one.
- Radenso RC-M + AL Priority Bundle – the best premium radar laser defence system
More questions about Edmonton’s police technology or radar laser countermeasure?
Contact us and we will gladly help.